BT is looking forward to welcoming you to Adastral Park – home to BT’s innovation labs and Innovation Martlesham. The day will focus on Technology
Visitor registration for this event will close on 16th June
Who should attend?
Everyone is welcome to attend, especially business professionals and entrepreneurs to network and explore new engagement opportunities, students and those looking to understand more about a career in Technology.
Please note that general visitors must be 16 or over.
A schedule of Tech Talks on a range of specialist technology areas
Visit the Technology Career & Development zone at the DigiTech Centre, a joint initiative with the University of Suffolk
Visit the Business and Applied Research EXPO – network, learn, and engage with Technology businesses
Opportunity to tour the BT Showcase facility
A chance to visit some of the other unique facilities onsite
Come an meet some of our Openreach Field Engineering team – see the latest tools and tech being used to roll out Ultrafast full fibre broadband across the UK
A private informal business networking session to celebrate the day (by invitation only)
What are you going to see?
Enjoy attending the series of short Tech Talks by leading experts from BT.
Visit the Business EXPO showcasing SMEs. Come face to face with BT and other extraordinary businesses in the region, for a chance to network with and learn from them. Also co-located will be the BT Applied Research EXPO, where you can experience some of the exciting areas being worked by our researchers.
Throughout the day, visit the BT Showcase facility that features upwards of 250 technology demos that inspires, surprises and challenges visitors to think differently and puts purposeful innovation at the heart of their decision-making process.
There will also be an opportunity to visit some of the other unique facilities at Adastral.
Invited students from around the county will connect with BT, Openreach, and the Technology business community to drive a deeper understanding of careers and development in this exciting industry sector.
Come and join us in our on-site lecture theatre for a Tech Talk
What is AI and what does it mean for me? – Dr Detlef Nauck presenting
How will Mobile Technology change with 5G and support future industries – Ruth Brown presenting
Everything’s on the internet – including you! – Laura Russell presenting
Are Immersive Technologies the future of human interactions? – Dr Anasol Pena Rios presenting
The Business EXPO
As part of the Technology Day at Adastral Park, the Business EXPO will be held in the Hub – the heart of Adastral Park!
- Its FREE of charge to be an Exhibitor. Logistical costs may be incurred however
- The EXPO has capacity for 35 Exhibitors
- The booking process requires a named exhibitor per stand. Please go to the “Register for this event” section above and click the “Exhibitor” button
- To book other colleagues to ‘man’ the exhibition stand throughout the day please go to the “Register for this event” section above and click the “Visitor” button
- Once your booking is made you will be contacted about further logistical arrangements and H&S information
WE HAVE REACHED CAPACITY FOR SCHOOLS – please consider visiting one of the other fantastic hosts
We’re inviting students in year 10 and above, interested in exploring careers in technology to come to our open day, where they’ll get the chance to:
- Meet a range of technology companies from around Suffolk and find out about the careers on offer
- Hear talks from technology experts on exciting topics
- See demos of the latest technologies and explore how they’re used in the real world
- Tour the BT technology showcases
- Come an meet some of our Openreach Field Engineering team
- Have an opportunity to see some of the other unique facilities on-site at Adastral
Schools and colleges please register your interest by going to the “Register for this event” section above, clicking the “School” button and letting us know the number of places (students and teachers) you’d like. Please note we may not be able to offer all of the places you request and will confirm numbers by no later than 1st May 2022.