The University of Suffolk is all about transformation – transforming individuals, our community, our region and beyond. We have absorbed the best traditions in higher education and aligned them with the modern world of employment and entrepreneurship. We are a distinctive, thriving academic community making a clear and immediate impact. Our purpose is to change lives – of individuals and communities, for the better.
Who should attend?
From 10:00-14:30 Students from schools and colleges across Suffolk are invited to join us on this interactive and engaging day to find out about the wide range of careers that are available at a university, that aren’t just about teaching! From working in the virtual radiotherapy suites, to improving your local community through research this day will explore the wide range of opportunities available.
In addition from 16.30-19.30 we are hosting Inspired by Innovation; our Innovation Labs – University of Suffolk partnership launch. This event will offer the opportunity to hear from inspirational business leaders including founder of Paddy & Scotts, Scott Russell, to visit business support stands and find out what growth grants your business can be accessing, to hear local business success stories, explore the excellent business facilities at the University and network with likeminded organisations over wine and canapes. We welcome attendees from entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes. Book your place here.
ROUTE 1 – Health and Wellbeing: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Learning to deliver radiotherapy in a virtual world – a patient case demonstrating the role of VR in therapeutic radiography training (30 mins)
- An introduction to Basic Life support – demonstrating and teaching basic life support with our paramedics (30 mins)
- A demonstration of our simulation person (30 mins)
- Careers in Sport Performance and Exercise for Health – tour of facilities, and practical demonstration (30 mins)
- Imaging Suite Showcase – a tour of the new imaging suite demonstrating equipment and images (30 mins)
Note: There are a maximum of 125 spaces on this route.
ROUTE 2 – Productivity, research, and sustainability: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- The role of a technician supporting technology – 3D Productivity Suite demonstration and VR activity – try out the equipment and hear from a technician
- Making a difference to your local community while working at a university – find out about how a career in research or knowledge exchange can help you create improvements to your local surroundings
- Learn why sustainability is so high on the agenda at universities and the type of career opportunities this provides, as you undertake a taster biodiversity survey on our wildflower meadow area
- In addition to work in higher education, the further education sector also provides a wide range of job opportunities. Visit our neighbour Suffolk New College to learn more about this.
- Find out about the exciting gaming and creative technology at the university and experience games developed here.
Note: There are a maximum of 80 spaces on this route.
Inspired by Innovation
Arrival and registration: 4.30pm
Business Support Showcase and Networking: 6pm
Schools and colleges
Students are invited to register for one of two routes. Route 1 – health and wellbeing or route 2 – Productivity, research, and sustainability.
For route 1, students must be in year 10 or above.
On each route students will rotate through a carousel of sessions throughout the day of approximately 30 minutes each. There will be time for lunch and breaks.
In addition to the catering outlets available on the Waterfront campus, there will be a range of street food vendors selling their delicious food on the grounds outside Suffolk New College for you to experience.